Did you have a positive experience of pregnancy at work, maternity leave and return to work? We’d like to hear from you.
Maternity Action is working in partnership with Your Employment Settlement Service (YESS) collecting case studies of employers who did a good job of managing maternity at work. We are working with the Equality and Human Rights Commission to recognise these employers so we can encourage more employers to get it right.
The sorts of things we are interested in are:
- proper health and safety assessment and adjustments to working hours and conditions, if needed
- reducing stress and physical demands of work during pregnancy
- paying more than the statutory minimum in maternity pay. The statutory minimum is 90% of income for 6 weeks then 33 weeks at £137/week.
- good use of Keeping In Touch days during maternity leave, such as helping you to keep up to date, access training or do some work
- flexible working arrangements that work for you, such as part time hours, working from home, compressed hours
- making it possible for you to continue breastfeeding on return to work, either with facilities in the workplace or through flexible working hours to enable you to be home when you need to breastfeed
We are interested in hearing about smaller employers as well as larger ones and about employers in Wales, Scotland and England.
Please email us on email@example.com or call Camilla Palmer on 020 3701 7531